Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Do work Jesus!

            Hello! I have missed you! But don't worry, we can catch up...right now.
It has been an interesting week so far to say the least! Nothing big has happened, tens of thousands have not fallen to their knees before God and entered the freeing relationship with Jesus that we all share...at least not yet! But God has been doing some cool things.

             God is showing me that when He calls you to do something, you do it, otherwise you might just miss your chance. Earlier last week I was sitting at a pastor's meeting in a local coffee shop and noticed a couple of girls walk in carrying a bible. Instantly a small voice said that I should go talk to them, and after much deliberation I did. We had a great conversation and exchanged information which will come in play later in this blog. And then there is the other example. Yesterday as I went into the SUB (yes I did go to Boise State a day before classes started...and yes it was because I forgot it was MLK day), I walked past a girl sitting by herself. That same voice, in the same way, urged me to go talk to her. "Well let me put my bags down and then I will" was my reply. I walked over and put my bags down and got out my computer to check some emails, facebook, etc. Once again I had that notion to go talk to her. This time my response was "Yes I will do it in just a second let me prepare what I am going to say." I sat for a bit longer and continued to fiddle around on my computer while trying to think of the eloquent words to say to this girl and I felt that urgency that I needed to talk to her right then. I took a deep breath, wrote out my email address on a sheet of paper in case she needed it to contact me, planned on what I had to say, and got out of my chair.

             Now let me make something very clear. Delayed obedience to God is still disobedience. I do plan on using that saying with my kids one day btw. So the second I got out of my chair to go approach this girl, she got out of her chair to leave. I awkwardly walked towards her and wondered if I should just tap her on the shoulder to talk to her as she threw trash away, but I figured my chance was blown.  You see, if  had been obedient the way God calls us to be, there is not telling what might have happened. Is it scary? Absolutely. Is it awkward? Sometimes. But God calls us to step out of our comfort zone and serve Him, sometimes we obey...sometimes we wait until we are comfortable. God taught me such an awesome lesson at that moment, trust Him...and let the outcome happen as it will.

               That girl I had exchanged information with earlier last week emailed me and told me about a college event called Engage Truth in town. It is basically the paradigm of Lubbock. At least 300 college students were there (I couldn't judge that well). It was an awesome experience and very encouraging to me, I even met a couple of people who attended and started building a relationship with one of them.

              Oh and guess what! I am taking classes this spring...but not as BSU. On campus there is a facility known as the Biblical Studies Center that offers free bible classes to Boise State Students that actually count as college credits! I am not a BSU student, but we may be able to work something out because I am a student and a campus minister. It is so awesome! I have already met several strong Christian believers there who share a desire for God's Kingdom to grow. I will post pictures up of it soon but it has already given me a platform to invite people to bible studies, free lunches, etc.  As of right now, I am taking introduction to the New Testament, and Philosophy and Christianity (which is a apologetics course). God is really taking care of me, and there is absolutely nothing I can boast in except of how awesome and powerful my God is. Like I said, big things haven't happened per say, but God deserves the glory for the little things just as much as the big ones. Can I get an amen?

            As far as the ministry goes, it is starting slow but it is still going to be awesome!   I have a bible study starting this Thursday over 1 John, a free lunch scheduled every week for all the college students who want to come every Wednesday, and am working on some international ministry but haven't made any progress on that yet. I went to a campus ministry meeting today with CRU, InterVarsity, and some other organizations and we are looking at more and more ways to partner with one another and serve Christ together. That is one of the coolest things in itself!

              Thank you so much for your prayers, I cannot tell you enough how grateful I am for them, and please email me any prayer requests you might have for me to pray for! Like I said on facebook, I have plenty of time and would love to fill that time praying for you! Just send me an email at phillip.grant89@gmail.com , call, or text me and I will be sure to pray for ya!

             I love everyone and miss you very much,

Phillip

1 comment: